>

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fusion Suites Hotel Bangkok

The Fusion Suites is possibly one of the smallest guest friendly hotels near Soi Cowboy that I have ever stayed in. But it is also one of the newest and cleanest in Sukhuvmit district.

Located between Sukhumvit road Soi 19 and Asoke Road, Fusion Suites is easy to find and in prime location with easy walking distance to MRT Sukhumvit subway station, BTS Asoke Sky Train station, Terminal 21 shopping mall and of course Soi Cowboy.

When I first saw the hotel building I was surprised at how narrow it is. There are only 35 rooms and I had booked a standard room, which I already knew was going to be around 24 square meters. And that's not bad even for 2 people sharing a room. But after seeing the building with my own eyes the first time I thought maybe the room measurement was fudged. Hey, it does happen in Thailand.

When I entered the hotel the lobby was was wicked small too. There are a few tables to the side where guests can have breakfast. And to the other side was a cool looking room to lounge with big leather sofas and flat screen television.

During check in I was happy to hear that I was upgraded to a Superior room. I asked how big that room is and was told 30 square meters. Cool, I paid 1850THB for standard room and instead got a superior that cost 300THB more.

Superior room at Fusion Suites
I suppose the extra space in a superior room went into the bathroom. And it's a very nice bathroom with expensive fixtures. I particularly like the roomy shower. And the rooms are equipped with a one touch control panel to control everything in the room from the lights, TV to air conditioning.

Though the room's design might take a little getting used to. First off there are windows, but no view. All of the windows are blocked off with some type of partition. And the room had a mix of gaudy and Thai styled furniture. None of it bother me of course because Fusion Suites is still a clean and modern hotel.


The Fusion Suites is a great little hotel and they do not mind at all if you choose to invite a bar girl back to your room. Below is a guest friendly confirmation from the hotel's reservation department:
Dear Mr.Jim,

There is no joiner free there, maximum stay 2 person a room .in case stay over 2 person ,extra charge 700 baht per Person.

Best regards,
Nancy
Fusion Suites Reservation
Right now you still get a standard room for 1850THB including taxes and breakfast through our partner reservation system at Fusion Suites Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment