Sure we're on the way to low season rates but there's a holiday coming up. Chinese New Years is coming up. Yes, Thailand has a large make up of Chinese population that has been integrated into Thai society. As a result Thais, particularly Thai-Chinese celebrate their New Years.
In general Chinese (particularly men) from neighboring countries are on a long break too and an influx of holiday poon seekers do visit Bangkok since it's such a popular destination. So that's why you're seeing a price increase from many hotels throughout the city.
Of course all hope is not lost. There are still plenty of affordable hotels but of course if you're reading this you're looking for a hotel that is girl friendly and preferably in the Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza section of town.
Well here are 5 gf hotels that haven't raised their prices that I highly recommend to beat the Chinese rush:
- Boss Suites Nana - 1550THB/ per night
- Paradiso Boutique Suites - 1500THB/night with breakfast
- Darjelling Boutique - 1300THB.night
- Amora Neoluxe Suites - 1800THB/night with breakfast (rate reflects 50% discount, check out a full review here) Okay, so it cost 1800THB, but it's still one of the best value hotels in Bangkok!
- Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel - 1600THB/night (this hotel is right above Thermae Bar, a place to pick up Thai freelancers)
It goes without saying these rates may be limited and best to book as soon as possible. Whether or not you're trying to beat the Chinese New Year rush, these recommended hotels are great choices year round. So far they have not increased their prices that much to compete against scores of other guest friendly hotels in Bangkok.