>

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Alive and Well...

Nope, I'm not dead, not just yet. I'm out of Thailand now to take care of some personal matters but will be back soon. And much apologies to those who've been submitting trip reports for my website. I haven't had the chance to go through any until I get back. The reason why I cannot simply put up your trip reports without first going through them is because in Thailand, you have to be careful about what you say on certain subjects and matters. Finally I'd like to thank those who've sent me emails asking why I haven't been putting up any posts on this blog. Receiving emails from concerned degenerates really warms my heart. Just kidding. So I will be back soon with a lot of fresh blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim!

    First off thanks for blogging, really enjoy your stuff.

    I am traveling to Southeast Asia for the first time and have a 1 night/day stopover in Bangkok. As such, I was hoping you could help me plan the perfect 24 hour visit.

    Basically, I was hoping you could recommend a good girl-friendly hotel to stay at, which bars I have to check out, which soapy massage parlor to go to, etc.

    My budget is around $500 for the 1 day. I am mainly looking to stay in one area, so if you could recommend places that are pretty close together that would be great, although I am willing to go out of the way for a truly exceptional experience ;) Finally, my main concern is staying in safe, (touristy?) areas as I will be traveling alone.

    Hope you can help!

    Cheers,
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,

    Whoa 24 hours, sure you can get a lot done but I hope you've got the energy.

    As usual, I recommend Nataree for soapy massage.

    $500 for the day is a great budget. A best area for nightlife is Sukhumvit, basically between Nana and Soi Cowboy. You can find go go bars in that area as well Yes, it's a safe area, but keep your wallet close.

    Sukhumvit is a touristy area and the place to start for a good experience.

    All the info you need is right on this blog so just do a search and it'll get you started on where to visit.

    Cheers!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete